Friday, December 05, 2008

Sailing smoothly into the second quarter!

Given how infrequently I visit this place these days, a post holds that much more value. And ofcourse, birthdays are always a good time to blog!! Infact I'm glad I'm taking the time out to do this now. Coz right through the day I was so completely pre-occupied with work that I wasn't even aware that it was my birthday most of the time. That made all the wishes I got through the day all the more special coz they were timely reminders that it wasnt just another day!

Just got back from the holiday parade right outside my apartment. Wasn't all that great. Except for the kids who are always adorable whether they are trying to play the kettle drums or do karate chops through the air.

The year that was. I think over the years I've become more disciplined. And it also sits well with my lifestyle which is that of a loner. I get to do exactly the things I want at any given time without being bound by anyone else around me. Ofcourse the downside of that is that all my birthday wishes I receive are only through phone calls and emails. Anyway, I guess at the end of the day we choose to be a certain way coz thats what we are most comfortable with.

Back to the silver year. Did a lot of travelling over the last 12 months. Got to backpack through the Alps which was probably the high point. That reminds I had jotted down a short list of things to do last birthday on a whim. That included seeing europe, running my first marathon, and making new friends. I guess two out of three is not bad. Ah, if only my damned leg had cooperated. No worries though coz I know I'll be running atleast a few marathons in the near future.

So this year's whimsical resolutions - well finish that cursed first marathon, learn a new musical instrument, learn to make desserts. The last one ofcourse starts tomorrow when I try to bake a cake.

Anyway I'm looking forward to spending my first christmas in the US in 4 years. That also makes my next India trip exciting. Coz I'll be in Madras for Saarang and Odyssey, and break my jinx of not having attended a wedding in nearly 5 yrs :).

That was quick and fun. I think I shall end with a note to self : blog, blog, blog!!!!

1 comment:

Rohini said...

Happy B'day again! You may wanna add another to yr bday resolution list: Be more positive ;D Don't curse the marathon u want to run!