Monday, October 18, 2004

Tha Mall of America - truly American

The biggest mall in the USA is a 20 min drive away from downtown Minneapolis. So we decided to check it out and see what the fuss is all about. The locals actaully frown upon the mall saying its more of a showpiece than of any use. I would disagree.

The instant your inside the place the first thing that hits you is the size of the place. Every damn thing there is big. Like any other mall its filled with storeys and storeys of shops,restaurants and movie screens. But what makes this even bigger is that there is an amusement park called Camp Snoopy inside the mall. Its simply mindblowing. Yes, I maybe too old to enjoy amusement parks but the rollercoaster ride was simply fab!!

Every storey has restaurants as well as food courts. I had my first taste of Taco Bell. Its decent + its great value for money! But what made my day was that outlet of Haagen Dazs that was hiding round the corner. For those of you who dont know, Haagen Dazs makes, quite simply, the best icecream in the world. After indulging in my chocolate sundae I just realized that I had eaten to satiety for the first time since I've come to the US. Haagen Dazs rules!!

Simply put, The Mall of America symbolizes the quintessential American way of life - big, rich,and busy!!

No comments: