Friday, December 17, 2004

Riverdance - worth every penny and more!

It is almost blasphemous of me not to have posted anything on riverdance yet. But after watching their NYC performance at radio city music hall on dvd a couple of hours back, i just cant resist!

I was lucky enough to witness them perform live from the 3rd row at the orpheum theatre. I must say it was the most spectacular, energizing and uplifting thing that I have ever witnessed. I just love everything about the show. The dancing, the music, the people, the atmosphere,their merchandise...........oh, i could go on! It is one thing that never ceases to amaze me. I get so energised and excited every time I even see the riverdance video that i have on mpeg. But i must say the real thing is something worth waiting ur entire life for! I'm just lucky i got to witness it before my 22nd birthday. So all of you out there, if u ever find out that they are coming to a town near u, do whatever it takes to be there.

Few performances that i have witnessed over the years have delivered when I've wanted it to more than anything else on this earth..........
Goran at Wimbledon 2001, Dravid at the Adelaide oval last year and Riverdance @Orpheum - November 27th 2004.
$65 - it means so much more to me than that!! Its a memory i will cherish forever!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know I am the materialistic meanie who keeps talking about $65 right?? :-)

Anyway, you tap away to glory mister!! :-)
Madhura