Saturday, March 05, 2005

I dont know a single person who doesn't appreciate the national anthem!

It is absolutely peaceful listening to Jan Gan Man(the Rahman album) early in the morning or late at night. For anyone who has never heard the album, I highly recommend buying the CD and listening to it right away. The ensemble of musicians on the album is simply amazing. It reads like the who's who of Indian classical music. From Vishwa Mohan Bhat's mohan veena, to hariharan's alaap, it never ceases to amaze you.

Thanks to Rahman for reviving the anthem among the youth!

3 comments:

DK said...

Yo man !
Sadly I was unaware of such a release at all !!! Thanks to the Software industry which has messed up everything in my life !

Anonymous said...

what does deep mean by "wasn't aware of such a release at all". Surely you've heard of Vande Mataram by Rehman released a couple of years ago. I think ladh's refering to the album it was in.

ro

Anonymous said...

I thought the album was very repetitive ... Though it has to be said that the ensemble was truly legendary.

And you are keeping up with your habit of making other people buy stuff. I am sure you are listening to "questionably downloaded" mp3's of the album and not the cd as you claim.