Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The crucible


When I heard that the World championships of Snooker may not stay at the crucible, I went "What are the organizers thinking?" Its been its home for the last 25 yrs. I can't imagine it being played anywhere but Sheffield. I agree that metros like London and Manchester are more cosmopolitan and hence are a marketing dream but I mean comeon. If a World Cup is played in England, can you imagine the final not being played at Lord's. I think you now understand what I'm saying.

Glad that they decided to not move it. All this hoopla luckily hasn't distracted the crowd from one of the most exciting tournaments in years. I mean almost every match has been so tight. Just wish I could have watched the 147 from the Welsh southpaw Mark Williams. Too bad he wont be lifting the trophy this year. There are a few interesting new faces this year including Shaun Murphy who really has been a revelation. But my money is on King Hendry. I think he has gone long enough without a title. Once he is past Stevens I think he should be safely through to the final. O' Sullivan seems jaded this year. He may still make it to the final. But to be on top come Sunday, he will have to up his game.

Whatever the result, whoever the players, The Crucible will be the place to be this Sunday evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo ladh! srivats here.. i stumbled across your blog somehow, being an avid blogpeeker and all that.. how do i say this. i dont even feel like blogging about stuff like snooker and all, i mean, who would ever possibly understand? who follows snooker even remotely? i mean, you blogged about the crucible. i understand. crap: this is as terribly framed a comment as one would wish to see. good to see the passion. keep blogging, that will be all.

KP said...

thanks man. even i've always had the feeling i never blog about the stuff that matter to me. its what matters to the audience. i remember u posting something along those lines in your blog quite some time ago. anyway, how have u been? whats the link to ur blog again?

Anonymous said...

heh. this blogging thing is plain weird. im at work right now, doing my internship, so like all the other buggers who have plenty of free time at work, i am engaged in peeping into the lives of other idiots who splay their doings over the net. my link is www.livejournal.com/users/rhapsodust.. forget all that, you've gone for any nba games?