Wednesday, September 29, 2004

There's no food like home food!

My roomies and I had somehow managed to get through the first month here with this brand of thai rice called "3 ladies" whose categorization as rice is highly questionable. Trust me, it tastes more like soft pebbles than rice. My tastebuds had gone into a coma! Then, enter "Ponni raw rice" (courtesy the indian store in minneapolis)- the same rice i used to have at home. I suddenly rediscovered my appetite! Eat it with sambar, rasam, pulikachal, curd.............everything tasted better! Suddenly everything in the world seemed nicer and almost heavenly. Home food makes all the difference. I'm never going back to that crappy thai cereal masking itself as rice. I wish my supply of powders and spices that I brought from home could last forever!!

This one is for my mom. Amma, thank you for every home cooked meal that you have ever prepared for me!!!

No comments: