Monday, September 06, 2004

What I'd give for a TV!!

So, the long weekend dawned on me full of expectation albeit a bit late coz i woke up at noon after the emergency room debacle the previous night. so i was looking forward to a weekend of fun filled with games, a trip to the state fair and maybe even a taste of downtown. wishful thinking!!! turned out that most of the guys here were out in on hiking trips in various parts of the US. and with arjun out cold i was left stranded with nothing to do.

i realized that all a man needs are a TV and a computer for entertainment. I always knew i was dependent on them but only when you start having enough time to stare out of the window and see the rains come down like never before for more than 4 hours do you realize that you are addicted to it. I miss watching sitcoms and movies, browsing online(the only thing i do online now is check and reply to mails). I realized that I'm completely disconnected with the world when i found out that india had won a cricket match two days ago and i came to know of it only now. its almost pathetic to see that I have completely lost touch with what i truly love(sport, in case your wondering). but i will try to stay updated on campus where i will atleast have access to the internet. And maybe the occasional basketball game once the season begins. Right now I'm watching paes and navratilova dismantling sharapova and mirnyi and waiting for justine's match to begin. it feels like heaven!! i just dont want to go home!! hail the man who invented the television(i think that would be a gentleman named baird)

so atleast i've salvaged something out of this miserable weekend. Cant wait for classes to begin. My first tap dancing lesson is tomorrow. Will keep you posted on that!

No comments: